When the Brain Tuners are simultaneously sounded - one in the left ear and the other in the right ear - the two hemispheres of the brain function together to integrate the two sounds, creating a third, different tone called a binaural beat. When the Fundamental Brain Tuner tuning fork is sounded with a Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta or Gamma tuning fork the difference between the two tuning forks creates a binaural beat which is heard as a pulsation. The binaural beat gently signals the brain to shift into a different state of consciousness.
Brain Tuners with Gamma are part of a training kit that includes an online course on their use as well as additional techniques and tools. Explore the Brain/Body Connection Training Kit.
When we go through a 24-hour cycle, we shift into different states of consciousness determined by our life requirements. One can visualize a car that shifts into different gears as necessary to meet the requirements of the road, i.e. a low gear for pick up and climbing hills, a medium gear for slow driving, and a high gear for highway cruising. In a similar way, living our life requires shifting into "different gears" for different situations.
The following table will help you understand what state of consciousness you're in as well as the state you would ideally like to shift into.
State & Hz Range
Gamma state is associated with feelings of blessings, increased memory recall and high levels of cognitive function.
-Increase Memory Recall
-Happiness and Creativity
Beta state is associated with peak concentration, heightened alertness, hand eye coordination and visual acuity.
Alpha state is a place of deep relaxation, but not quite meditation. In Alpha, we begin to access the wealth of creativity that lies just below our conscious awareness - it is the gateway, the entry point that leads into deeper states of consciousness.
Theta is known as the twilight state which we normally only experience fleetingly as we rise up out of the depths of delta upon waking, or drifting off to sleep. In Theta, we are in a waking dream, vivid imagery flashes before the mind's eye and we are receptive to information beyond our normal conscious awareness. Theta has also been identified as the gateway to learning an memory.
Below 4 Hz
Delta is associated with deep sleep and long trains of thoughts about nothingness or energy without form. During delta we plug into our source, the Universal Energy Field, and use the energy to revitalize our mind and body.
The Amazing Spiritual Benefits of the Gamma Brain Waves!
- Gamma brain waves are the fastest brainwave frequency with the smallest amplitude.
- They are associated with the “feeling of blessings” reported by experienced meditators, such as monks and nuns. Gamma waves are associated with peak concentration and high levels of cognitive functioning.
- Neuroscientists believe that gamma waves are able to link information from all parts of the brain.
- The gamma wave originates in the thalamus and moves from the back of the brain to the front and back again 40 times per second. This rapid “full sweep” action makes the gamma state one of peak mental and physical performance. Gamma is the brainwave state of being “in the zone.”
- Information on Gamma waves from the amazing folks at MindValley.
Methods to Sound the Tuners
One method for sounding the Brain Tuners is called "the knee tap":
- Hold your tuning forks by the stems with moderate pressure - not to tight and not to loose. Do not hold your tuning forks by the prongs because the prongs need to vibrate in order to create the sound.
- Gently tap the flat side of the tuning fork on your knee cap. Do not hit your kneecap. All it takes is a gentle firm tap and your tuning fork will sound. You can also use an activator.
- It is best to tap the Fundamental Brain Tuner on one knee and then the Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta or Gamma Brain Tuner the other knee.
- Bring the forks slowly to your ears, about 3 to six inches from your ear canal, and listen to the sounds.
Another Method is to use another object on which to tap the forks such as the sole of a tennis shoe, a hard rubber ball, or similar surface. For the 2 forks to sound independently, it is best not to tap them together.
Shifting your State of Consciousness
Once you have mastered the sounding method of choice, then tune into your current state of consciousness. Follow these steps:
Our appreciation to John Beaulieu of Biosonics for sharing this information.
- Consult the chart above and ask yourself what state of consciousness you would like to shift into.
- Select the Fundamental Brain Tuner and the Brain Tuner that matches the state of consciousness you want.
- Holding the Brain Tuners in your hands ready to tap, visualize and/or remember a positive experience for the state of consciousness you want.
- Tap the Brain Tuners and listen to the pulsation. Let go and allow yourself to shift.
- When the sound fades, switch the tuning forks in your hands and tap them again. Enjoy!